The Curmudgeon

YOU'LL COME FOR THE CURSES. YOU'LL STAY FOR THE MUDGEONRY.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

5,000

Five thousand posts, inflicted here
Upon a stoic blogosphere,
Engorging this from years ago
By sixty-six per cent or so,
Have seen some change, and some the same,
While treating both to bile and blame.

My thanks to that exclusive crew
(Refined of taste, splendid though few),
Who drop in here to run their eyes
Along these brief scurrilities;
And, while in these unwonted ways
Of distributing grateful praise,
I also thank those bags of pus
(More famous and more numerous),
Those patriot politi-punks,
God-botherers and canting clunks,
Those forkers of the English tongue
With tons of Ho and piles of Gung,
Who'll never do one thing so well
As handing me matériel.

Thus onward to the thousand ten
(If anything's still here by then);
For I can only guarantee,
Upon this anniversary,
That future posts will try no less
In blaming and in biliousness.

Hallmark E. Greets

5 Comments:

  • At 5:54 am , Blogger phil said...

    And you do it so well. Please carry on.

     
  • At 7:42 pm , Blogger Philip said...

    Thank you; I believe I shall.

     
  • At 6:39 am , Anonymous TheJudge said...

    MMMMM, very good.

    Keep on improving of us, sir!

     
  • At 9:00 am , Blogger michael greenwell said...

    Thank you for all the things you've pointed out and all the times you've made me laugh out loud.

    Keep it up, it's something I would really miss.

     
  • At 8:00 pm , Blogger Philip said...

    Thanks, gentlemen; I shall continue to struggle on, despite the chronic overabundance of material and the world's continuing attempts to turn into a Rothermere Daily Stürmer caricature of itself.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home