The Curmudgeon

YOU'LL COME FOR THE CURSES. YOU'LL STAY FOR THE MUDGEONRY.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Prometheus Penitent

Spare me not, Zeus; let nobody deliver
My offal from your eagle's lawful hook.
Give me what pity should have chilled my look
At dim humanity. I watched it quiver
And tried to kindle thought, and kindled fever.
The beast shone ardent with the flame I took,
In heat to hunt a witch or burn a book:
I should have left the wretched ape to shiver.

Their world now warm enough with light that blinds,
The titan fire in distant darkness lost,
Olympus' peak falls to the petty pest.
I yield and pay as cooler judgement finds:
Rip from my flesh the creature's awful cost,
And let the monster-maker never rest.

Fitz-Victor Genevese

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home