The Curmudgeon

YOU'LL COME FOR THE CURSES. YOU'LL STAY FOR THE MUDGEONRY.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Making Up, Doing Over, Saving Self

Rah rah! Budget day once again!
I'm the One among Dave's little men!
I'll lean on the rudder;
My dewlap will shudder -
I may even smirk now and then!

I bought this position to keep;
If I lose it next year I shall weep
But still there's a need
To sow trouble's seed
Where proles and Ed Bollocks can reap!

It is time, perhaps, for us to start
Pretending that we have a heart.
We'll get back to the mean
After twenty-fifteen,
When the country once more falls apart!

Today is my big fat huzzah!
I'm the chap with the chins! I'm the star!
What a wonderful drug
Is my great fiscal smug!
It's Budget day once more, rah rah!

Gideon Fatwick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home