The Curmudgeon

YOU'LL COME FOR THE CURSES. YOU'LL STAY FOR THE MUDGEONRY.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Gentle Persuasion

Somewhere in between the glorious victory over the Taliban and the glorious victory over Saddam Hussein, I wrote a short but irritable novel called Terminals, a slightly science-fictional satire about a virtual-reality addict working for a Government-sponsored euthanasia programme as 9/11-like events unfold in the background. I posted an extract here some time ago, and the total lack of yells for more during the intervening twenty-eight months has finally broken through my remaining reserves of modesty. Something else that helped was Henry Porter's article in March, the penultimate paragraph of which insults me personally as a writer by implying that Tony Blair is the product of my own values and at one with my view of society. Buy Terminals here; and if you hate it, blame Henry Porter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home