The Curmudgeon

YOU'LL COME FOR THE CURSES. YOU'LL STAY FOR THE MUDGEONRY.

Monday, June 01, 2015

Coming Soon


The weekend after I published this, the whimsical gremlin that serves me for a muse took it upon itself to dictate a 1700-word story, virtually complete, as I was walking to the local supermarket. The story concerned a nice little girl and some carnivorous plants, and over the past few weeks I've been favoured with glimpses of various other aspects of her weird little world: this is one of them. I have also been moved to perpetrate some whimsical illustrations, somewhat in the style of a talent-free Lee Brown Coye, the incorporation of which into the MS gave me half a day of swearing pagination nightmare courtesy of Microsoft Word. There remain a few bits to do, but the whole thing should be ready to entertain you in a week or two; or possibly to entertain your children, if you have some strange children.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:44 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Excellent news.

    I read Mugg and the Dream to my boys at bedtime. As I was reading I thought, he really ought to do an illustrated childrens book about Mugg he ought. My boys wanted to know if there were any more Mugg stories.

    When I looked in on them later they were soundly asleep but the light had been turned on.

     
  • At 9:08 pm , Blogger Philip said...

    Thank you; that's very gratifying, although of course I cannot be held responsible if your boys grow up peculiar.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home