The Curmudgeon

YOU'LL COME FOR THE CURSES. YOU'LL STAY FOR THE MUDGEONRY.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

The Lions' Share

We shall remember those who fought and died
For our security and Britishness
And honour and low taxes, nothing less.
I wear my paper whatsit with due pride
So all will know that I am right on-side
To guard the realm from future nastiness;
Because we would be in a dreadful mess
Should soldiers kill again when someone lied.

A donkey's bray towards the prides he slew;
A charitable crutch for those who tamed
The beastly Hun! Now let our nation see
Your proud concurrence with compassion's view
That all the widows, orphans and the maimed
Should live on charity, and not off me.

Tessie Grubber

2 Comments:

  • At 8:27 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Bravo, especially the second stanza.

     
  • At 9:07 pm , Blogger Philip said...

    Thanks; that was the one I sweated over.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home